Kodansha’s Bessatsu Shonen Magazine has revealed the first piece of key visual art for the anime adaptation of Shuzo Oshimi’s Flowers of Evil manga. The staff working on the anime have also been announced. The anime is set to be released in spring 2013.
Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushi-Shi, Detroit Metal City) will be directing the series along with Tetsuo Hirakawa (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time), as the assistant director. Hidekazu Shimamura (Nodame Cantabile, Detroit Metal City) is in charge of the character design and Aki Itami (Mushi-Shi, Prince Mackaroo) is the series’ scriptwriter.
Other staff include:
- Yoshihisa Oyama (Say “I love you”, Detroit Metal City): Director of Photography
- Kazuya Tanaka (Prince Mackaroo, Mushi-Shi): Sound Director
- Kentaro Akiyama (Penguin Drum): Art Director
- Hiroko Umezaki (Basilisk): Colour Key
- Daisuke Hiraki (Medaka Box; So, I Can’t Play H!): Editing
The story follows Takao Kasuga, a boy who, in a moment of weakness, steals the gym clothes of the girl he has a crush on, Nanako Saeki. Unfortunately, Nakamura Sawa, a girl with a sadistic streak, witnesses his crime. Takao doesn’t know whether to confess his crime or not, but he attempts to win over Nanako, while also trying to avoid being blackmailed by Nakamura.